Chief Executive Officer
Salary – £45,000
MK Snap is a highly respected charity in Milton Keynes that provides a mix of education, training, socialising, growing independence and appropriate workplace experience for individuals with learning difficulties. We provide a safe, supportive and dedicated person-centred learning – enabling people with learning disabilities to fulfil their own potential and make a valuable contribution to the community.
Working closely with the board of trustees, you will develop the Charities long term strategy and business plan and provide leadership to staff and volunteers. To act as ambassador of the charity with stakeholders in local councils and schools, the media and local business community.
- Prepare a strategic plan and annual budget for approval by the board of trustees.
- Operate within the annual budget and ensure management and HR policies are up to date.
- Build relationships with local councillors, government officials, the media and local business to advance the charities aims.
- Maintain awareness of risks and changes in the external environment that affect the charity.
- Ensure the charities staff and volunteers are focussed on achieving its mission and aims.
- Ensure the charity fulfils its legal, statutory and regulatory responsibilities.
- Previous experience of leading a team and driving excellence, with effective people management and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrates strong financial and commercial judgement and experience of fundraising.
- Self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic approach to work.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, be proactive and offer a solution-oriented approach.
- Candidates should ideally be educated to degree level or have significant relevant professional experience.
- An understanding of the charitable sector and not for profit organisations desirable.
If you want to work for a progressive and well-respected charity and want the challenge of taking the Charity to the next level, we would love to hear from you. For further information, including job description and personal specification please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note all suitable applicants will need to attend an assessment centre on Wednesday 1st November 2017.
No calls accepted from recruitment agencies.