Become a Volunteer
Support us as a volunteer
Who can become a volunteer?
Volunteers come to us from all walks of life and for a variety of reasons. However, to work as a volunteer with us you need to be over 18 with no upper age limit.
What skills do I need?
This very much depends on the kind of role you are looking for. Here at MK Snap we do not necessarily look for any specific skills or experience; enthusiasm and a willingness to learn often count for much more. In fact your time, goodwill and ability to get involved are as important to us as your qualifications
There are lots of different ways you can get involved in volunteering at our centre:
- Reception — answering incoming calls, taking messages and general admin.
- Gardening — help with our Horticulture project, weeding, potting, pruning, preparing raised beds for planting vegetables and plants; prepare hanging baskets.
- Supporting Role — Assist our Tutors in their sessions and outings including photography, cookery, horticulture, environmental studies, dance, performing arts,
- Events — helping at our MK Snap events, setting up stalls, arranging tables, setting up staging, lighting & sounds equipment, making refreshments, raffle tickets.
- DIY — help with general maintenance of the centre.
- Driving — deliver/collect goods or hold a “Midas” licence to drive a mini-bus.
- Room Bookings — help set up meeting rooms removing tables/chairs; set up refreshments and catering ordered from outside caterers.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Gain new skills, confidence & motivation
- Add to your CV
- Feel a sense of achievement, purpose and value
- Be part of a friendly, happy team
- Knowing you will make a difference
Do you have some spare time?
As a volunteer working with MK Snap you will play an important role in helping adults with learning and physical difficulties.
If you have the time and are willing to get involved, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org